Program manager / Ohjelmapäällikkö
Plan International Finland is seeking a professional with strong expertise on project management in development context. You are responsible for managing a variety of development projects funded by the Finnish MFA and EU focusing on child rights and gender equality. You will work in close collaboration with technical advisors and relevant colleagues in programme countries. This is a permanent position based in Helsinki. The job involves frequent travel to programme countries.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Project management, including planning, monitoring and reporting as well as financial management of development projects by various institutional donors;
- Development of new grant-funded projects in close collaboration with the colleagues in programme countries;
- Following up on the programme country context especially in terms of human rights, child rights and gender equality;
- Following up on the Finnish development policy and its implications to the programmes;
- Acting as a Key Account Manager for the Ministry for Foreign Affairs funding;
- Ensuring consistent learning and strengthening of Plan Finland’s grant management process.
- University degree from an appropriate field (e.g. development studies, social sciences);
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of project management in development context (planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting, evaluation and learning)
- Good knowledge of our key donors’ policies and practices (MFA and EU);
- Good knowledge on child rights and gender equality as well as understanding of the human rights based approach to development; knowledge on sexual and reproductive health rights is an asset
- Working experience from developing countries (experience from South-East Asia and/or East and Southern Africa is an asset);
- Experience of providing distance support to field offices and of working in partnership with local organisations;
- Professional proficiency in English (both written and spoken) and fluency in spoken Finnish; fluency in Portuguese is an asset;
- Strong team-working, problem solving and cross-cultural communication skills; and a passion for development.
- An opportunity to work in an exciting, development focused role in one of the world’s largest development NGOs, in a position that brings lasting change to the lives of girls and boys.
- A flexible, result-oriented professional culture that places value on employees’ wellbeing at work.
- A chance to work as part of a fun and talented team.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 July, 2017. Selected candidates will be contacted at the beginning of August and invited for interviews, which will be held on the week of 14 August, 2017.
Head of Programmes Eeva Ervamaa, phone enquiries +358 40 450 9621 on Tuesday 27 June, 2017 at 2-3 pm (EET).
Lastenoikeusjärjestö Plan International parantaa kehitysmaiden lasten elämää ja suojelua. Plan haluaa oikeudenmukaisen maailman, jossa kaikkien lasten, myös tyttöjen, oikeudet ja tasa-arvo toteutuvat. Uskonnollisesti ja poliittisesti sitoutumaton Plan perustettiin 1937, ja Suomessa toiminta alkoi 1998. Työskentelemme yli 70 maassa.
Seuraa meitä LinkedInissä.
Tutustu Plan Internationalin työpaikkoihin.